January 29, 2011

A space of my own.






Photograph of "Woman Looking to Sea" by David Schock

We have a guest room on the second floor that is quite comfortable for anyone. They even get their own full bathroom. This room is also spacious enough to make a space of my own. Music, and a small water works fountain fills the room with tranquility. There is artwork and photography on the walls. And then there is my chair with an ottoman!

The chair is my place where I seep deeply into daydreaming (not the same as daydreaming at a red traffic light). I read, knit and nap there. I can watch the snow fall from the windows, and it is simply delightful and inspiring. I love this room. The walls are painted a summer sky blue. Overall it's "my space" and I love it very much. In the past, my "spaces" have been very different from each other, however, I always made room to carve out something for myself.




10 comments:

  1. lovely images of your special place! so cozy and inviting! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely this room is! A perfect spot for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like the "just right" spot for me! Call me Goldilocks....
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a space of your own...so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect spot indeed!!

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen,

    So when should I arrive? I love this little niche you've created for yourself. That chair looks like the perfect spot to sink into a day dream while sipping a cup of your favorite tea.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to have such a space of my own. I have a study, but the space is shared with my wife, so it's not really "mine." And it's not very private, either, since I had to take the door off to be able to fit in enough bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~