February 8, 2009

Mom's 88th B-Day!


Mom's B-day is on Tues, Feb. 10th. She will be 88 years old. One of her celebrations was lunch out today at her favorite place: Sally Lunn's Tea Room. I know I've posted a pic. of it in the past, but here it is again. It was her wish that we do not take a picture of her. She thinks she is unphotogenic, of which I follow in her footsteps.

Anyway, my Mother, Hubby and I had a great time. It is a proper tea room, filled with lace tablecloths, individual teapots, and lovely antiques wherever you look. Afternoon tea was delicious; the food was scrumptious. We talked and laughed. I love her smile, and the way her eyes light up. I know she thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.

For Tuesday, I have ordered her favorite carrot cake from her favorite bakery - Cafe Beethoven in a nearby town. We will have the rest of the family over to sing and celebrate. I think it will be easy to talk her into a family photoshoot.

In my eyes and in my heart, she is an angel.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! Please tell your mother "happy birthday" from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 88 years young! That's terrific. It sounds like you come from good genes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your mom.
    That tea house sounds and looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow 88 - now that is a pretty cool number.
    my mom is also having a b-day - soon, also in her 80's - we are so lucky!
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~