December 14, 2008

I need more winter poetry


Although we have not had any snow, my vote has been cast. In order to help myself get through these rainy December days, I've been reading some winter poetry and literature. If you've never read "A Child's Christmas in Whales" by Dylan Thomas, read it or see the play. It is fantastic, and puts the holly in your holiday.

Life doesn't get much better, than having my socks warmed by the fire with Leo my cat sitting by my side. I can read, write out Christmas cards and/or sing to the Christmasy music we play, and good 'ole Leo stays by me through it all. I love him. When I see him sit by the fire, I think of the quote by Robert Louis Stevenson, "Close by the jolly fire I sit. To warm my frozen bones a bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~