July 2, 2011

Artist: Frederick Hassam "The Fourth of July 1916"


I know I have posted this one before, however, it moves me, just as art should. I love the exuberance and energy that eminates from large flags waving and music playing. It's pure joy.

For those of you who have inquired about my absence, let's just say I took a nap, and have woken up. Still alittle sleepy, however, nonetheless, I am here. I have to blog soon about the mini sunflowers that we planted. They are twenty inches tall, and all three will put a smile on your face. I love 'em!

Happy Fourth of July! Wishing you the spirit of togetherness.
Ciao.






11 comments:

  1. I love naps, not only are they good for you, but they are also good for everyone else too. We had a wonderful nanny who said "no siesta, no fiesta" - All those flags look like they had a nice nap and are ready to party! That painting is indeed one of my favorite, it is bright and happy!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely painting for a great celebration...enjoy your special day
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen its' gorgeous thanks for sharing again....hope you are enjoying your time in the garden and wishing you a wonderful 4th and Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite paintings... And my favorite holiday! I certainly understand a little- or a long break! You are dear. Love to you darlin'~
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need naps every now and then...some long, some short...in the end, all pefect!
    I love this painting, it's as perfect as a nap!
    Happy Fourth Kathleen...looking forward to seeing your sunny flowers!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better. I'm about to take a similar 'nap'.

    Love that painting, also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathleen...i have been wondering about you...looks like all is well...

    happy to stop by today, my friend

    and sending summer love,
    kary and teddy

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathleen,

    I've never seen this painting but I too am drawn to it. Hope you had a wonderful Independence Day weekend. Looking forward to seeing your garden! We all need a nap now and then.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to try and paint that, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for writing this blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~