February 23, 2010

Feasting and Celebrating!



Approximately five years ago, Allen and I began a journal entitled "The Feast and Celebration" book. The purpose of this book is to record family and friends' visits for holidays. It lists the people that attend and the menu. I decorate each page to add to the festive occasion. I use Susan Branch stickers, which is the only way there would be any type of "graphics" on the page, since an Artist, I am not.





I love the fact that we began this book. It was Allen's suggestion, and I gladly took him up on it. Soon after a holiday is over, I take the book out, and record it. We have enjoyed looking back and reminescing about one holiday or another. I believe keeping a record of sorts, whether it is photos, scrapbooking, journals etc. is a wonderful way to keep your family's legacy alive.

14 comments:

  1. We have several books - kept in a similar vain. I think part of our saving grace is that so many guests survived our meals (ha) and that they return time and again. I love looking back and seeing what the children have written - especially the one's that are off to college.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little like my holiday journal I keep. I do think it's fun to journal what we give, serve, and share with our family and friends. We also have a guest book that we have fun with. Reading the oldest posts are so funny- back when we were renovating our first home. You are a gift of such good ideas and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely book and a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! Aside from my blog, I'm terrible about recording events and holidays. In fact, I realised a few days ago that I only took a couple of pictures on Christmas. I need to make a journal like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I, too love keeping a record of our lives.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the book! I also like the idea of the stickers since I too am not an artist. Just lovely!

    I went over to the blog you recommended. I love it. Hope the two of you follow so I can visit often.

    Have a super blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful idea and a great way to spark a memory. We have a guestbook by our door. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to keep a journal of dinners/guests, but your idea is so much more clever and charming! I did it so I could remember what I served to whom and when. Yours is like a family history!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful idea! You and Allen have created quite a keepsake to treasure! I am sure it's fun to look back at the "feasts"!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea! And I love the Susan Branch stickers, too! Have you ever tried any of her cookbooks?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily - I have several of her cookbooks, and the recipes I have tried are all good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~