April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to my friend Joanne!


Today, April 2nd, is my very good friends' Birthday. Her name is Joanne, and if you ever met her, chances are you would like her too. She was the headliner in my Jan.
9th post about girlfriends.

As busy as Joanne's life is, she always finds time to listen, and to - just be. I believe that is ever so important in this sometimes insanely fast-paced world that we live in.
To just sit and talk, or maybe not talk. To sit and listen to the music that plays, and really listen to the words, without cutting them off with our own words. To stare at a painting, and not have to comment every 5 seconds about it, but to breathe it in like a heady wine. To allow for more than one of the senses to envelope you, so you become one with where you are, and who you are. Joanne is one of those friends with whom I can do all that.

She understands that life is not always a garden of flowers, and that the music is not always light-hearted. There's hurt and sadness in this world, and she is extremely compassionate for others and their feelings. Without people like Joanne in this world, I believe the world would lose its soul.

Joanne's spirit and energy is vital for life to be pursued in the most beautiful way. She does look for that garden of flowers, and breathes each one in, as if it's her first time ever doing so. Her excitement is contagious. To me, that is a simple innocence, at any age.

I could continue to describe Joanne, for she is so insightful and deep. However, I believe all words need to come to an end dear Readers. You get the jest of what I am saying: Joanne is a beautiful human being, inside and out.

Joanne: I wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I cherish our friendship and always will.
With love,
Your friends always,
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Friendship like this is such a wonderful gift and it's lasting so long a testimony to both of you. Happy B-day, Joanne and many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't friends like Joanne the BEST?! It was sweet of you to give her a "shout out" for her big day. I could have sent you my whoopie pies for her. :-) (And I'm with you...I am intimidated by those Daring Bakers...yet I keep coming back for more! I'm determined to make something extra special presentable this month. DETERMINED. ;-)

    Happy birthday, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~