February 28, 2014

Who doesn't love a great quote?

I love quotes. They can be profound, poetic, funny...you name it and there is one out there. I actually collect them. I have e-folders and paper (yes, paper) folders filled with famous and not so famous quotes, that I have collected over the years. Beautiful words can bring a smile to my face or tears to my eyes. I love when my eyes pop open, my jaw drops down, and I think to myself  "Wow!!!"
My infatuation for quotes began in high school, along with poetry and has continued ever since. I will leave you with one for now. Have a great weekend.


"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
Benjamin Disraeli 
British politician (1804 - 1881)




 


5 comments:

  1. Totally agree! That is a great quote! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katheen,
    On my post today, that was me in purple, and the other one was my friend. I should have noted that.

    This quote is so special. I've never heard it before. I love quotes too and have a book filled with them. I use them often on my posts. This is such a great one that I am going to write it down.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Love~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I write them in my journal. They lift me.
    "Wisdom begins in wonder." Socrates.
    Thanks for the sweet note and sharing your riches.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is certainly a site well worth seeing. Be assured that I will let you know when it is included in an edition of my Sites To See series, which will probably be a while because of how many were already on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful quote. I'm partial to quotes, myself. I try to find something motivating every morning to post on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~