May 14, 2011

A Sweet give-a-way

My sister-in-law Emily Luchetti is the Executive Pastry Chef at two restaurants in San Franciso. One is Farallon Restaurant. The other one is Waterbarsf. She is also the Author of several dessert books, in addition to being a James Beard Award Recepient - quite a list of accomplishments!

Emily has a new book out entitled "The Fearless Baker" - a book that is very user friendly. The recipes are easy to follow, and the results are utterly delicious. I know this because Allen and I tested nineteen of them. We gave the goodies away to family and neighbors who praised the results. : )




So........if you would like a copy of Emily's book, let me know by leaving your name and comment. All entries should be in by May 19th 12:00am, and Allen (Emily's twin brother) will perform his magic and select a winner on May 20th. Good Luck to all!

11 comments:

  1. I wish I was your neighbor to receive such yummy treats! Sounds like your hubby sister is successful at whatever she touches. I hope her book does well! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book would inspire me to be a better neighbor and baker.
    Love to win a copy of this book. I rather like knowing that it is a step closer to being fearless!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a copy of it...I love baking and cooking, have a small collection of books that am planning to grow...am in Australia though, not sure if it's ok for posting etc
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'd love a copy!!! And how strong you are to have given the goodies away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes please!! and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i sure have heard of emily...i have been lucky enough to eat at farallon....in fact, i have a box of farallon matches here in my kitchen as a memory of a happy time...i had dessert there too...and i will NEVER forget it...it was an amazing plate of tiny desserts. outstanding. delicious. perfection.

    happy to see you at farmhouse kitchen, my friend...and please...toss my name in the hat...

    sending love,
    kary and teddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. made me SMILE to see you at Farmhouse Kitchen today, my friend

    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to cook, but am not much of a baker, so possession of a brilliant work like this would surely help to allay my fears (okay, expectations) of diaster when trying to turn flour, yeast, and other ingredients into something edible. Pick me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love visiting her blog AND I love her ice cream book!!! The other day as I was looking through her ice cream (the 100th x) I thought how lucky to have a pastry in the family!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, please! And I think her book would make a terrific gift for a baker too. Thanks for your sweet comment.
    Best,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to have a chef/baker/writer in the family! The book looks wonderful! I hope I'm not to late...it would be a treasure!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~