November 28, 2009



Dear Lord, I ask one thing of thee, the gift of true simplicity. A cheery fire, a rocking chair, enough to eat, enough to wear. A little cottage built upon a spot that I can call my own. A garden and a shady tree, a dog to keep me company.
A pot that's big enough to hold, enough to fill another bowl. A welcome mat that's out to all, whenever neighbors come to call. A bed, a lamp, a book or two, an old friend and perhaps a new. And since all things are mine in thee, then this is quite enough for me."
Author: Grace E. Easley

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful~ and another good reminder for this time of year. Thank you. Have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet quote and illustration! I love the coziness of home this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...that just says it all...love it....

    love the simple too.....

    more later,
    Kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - and the illustration is so sweet and appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am gonna print this in LARGE print as a reminder to stay focused on the simple things.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just enough which is more than enough. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thank you so much for the reminder. Muchly needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's all I need! More than enough!
    Love the illustration, reminds me of Tasha Tudor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Thanks so much for posting this today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This brings to mind the Shaker hymn. "Tis a gift to be simple; 'tis a gift to be free..."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.
~ Kathleen ~